We're establishing two National Research and Development Centres in the North East of Scotland.
In partnership with University of Aberdeen and Robert Gordon University.
The National Centres represent a multi-million-pound investment to tackle current and future challenges in decommissioning and subsea engineering with world-class research and development, in partnership with industry.
The Centres will connect R&D institutions and innovation centres across the UK, multiply the capability of universities and other organisations, such as the UK Catapult, and develop a world-class supply chain that delivers for the UK and internationally.
The National Decommissioning Centre
The National Decommissioning Centre (NDC) is a £38 million partnership between OGTC and the University of Aberdeen, part of the Aberdeen City Region Deal.
100 offshore platforms and 5,700km of pipeline are forecast to be decommissioned or reused over the next decade on the UK Continental Shelf. With the Oil & Gas Authority estimating the total cost of oil and gas decommissioning to be £58bn, the NDC will help industry deliver the >35% cost reduction target set by the regulator in 2016.
Combining industry expertise with academic excellence, the Centre aims to work in partnership with companies to become the global leader in R&D focused on reducing costs, extending field and asset life, and transforming the conventional approach to decommissioning. Find out more
We're also partnering with Robert Gordon University and industry to establish The National Subsea Centre - more information on this will be announced soon.
What can our National Centres do for you?
- Tailored research: Bespoke approach to tackle key industry specific challenges
- Academic talent: Access to the brightest and best PhDs and MSCs
- Dedicated workspace: Secure research environment for long-term projects
- Collaboration space: State-of-the-art technology and solutions to help drive your R&D activity
- Expert facilitation: Workshops and events to overcome barriers, unlock solution and drive projects forward
- Testing and trials: In the lab and offshore using cutting edge equipment to increase the pace of projects
- Want to get involved with the National Centres? Then get in touch, we want to hear from you!
Want to get involved? Then get in touch, we want to hear from you!