TechX Clean Energy Accelerator
Our Clean Energy Accelerator is an intensive 15-week programme for up to 12 innovative clean energy start-ups with clear potential to significantly accelerate the transition to an affordable net zero North Sea.
The programme is supported by our strategic partners; bp Ventures, Equinor Ventures and KPMG.
Our strategic partners and our close links to the offshore renewables industry, the nascent clean hydrogen and alternative fuels industry, and North Sea oil and gas offer start-ups a fantastic opportunity to develop their technologies and grow their businesses, helped by a generous £100,000 grant per company.
Successful graduates join a select group of technology start-ups from the previous TechX Pioneer Accelerators and have use of the TechX Growth co-working space and support for two years post-graduation.
Companies chosen for the accelerator will receive a £100,000 grant and expert help from our delivery partners and mentors on:
- Testing your value proposition and business model with technical experts from potential industrial customers across the value chain
- Creating a minimum viable product or prototype
- Pitching to customers at Demo Day
- Securing field trials to pilot your solution with the industry, including BP, Equinor and our other partners
- Structuring capital raising and pitches to investors, before putting it into practice on Investor Day
- Building diverse teams
- Connecting into OGTC’s extensive energy industry network and maximising the benefit
- Structuring your business optimally from a legal and tax perspective
- Creating and developing your brand
- Complying with regulation and anticipating regulatory changes
- Protecting your IP, developing an IP strategy and applying for patents
We are interested in early stage start-ups with technology solutions in the following areas:
- Renewable energy technologies, hydrogen and other clean fuels
- Carbon capture, usage and storage
- Oil and gas emission reduction technologies
Applications will open in September 2021 and the Clean Energy Accelerator will start in February 2022. We will provide more information soon.